About the RecallWho We Are - Why We're Here
The Recall Process
For those following court closely, below are pertinent legal filings for reference in advance of our oral argument on January 10, 2020.
Filed November 2019: Plaintiff’s (Recall Dunleavy) Motion for Summary Judgment
Filed December 16, 2019:
- Opposition to Plaintiff Motion for Summary Judgment and Cross-Motion for Summary Judgment
- Stand Tall With Mike Summary Judgment Opp and Cross-Motion
- Stand Tall with Mike Motion to Strike and proposed order
- Motion to Strike
- 2019-12-16 – Affidavit of Leitoni Tupou
- 2019-12-16 – Affidavit of Jim Whitaker
- 2019-12-16 – Affidavit of Bernard Karl
Filed December 31, 2019:
Recall Dunleavy is a broad, nonpartisan, Alaskan-based, grassroots-driven effort to recall Governor Michael J. Dunleavy.
We are urban and rural Alaskans, Republicans, Democrats, and independents. We are Alaska Native organizations and business leaders, bankers, educators, and nonprofits. We are Labor and environmentalists, lawyers and medical professionals, students and artists. We are a broad constituency of Alaskans who care about the health and well-being of Alaska’s people and economy. We stand together to call for the recall of Governor Dunleavy for his neglect of duties, incompetence, and lack of fitness, and we respectfully ask you to join us.
Recall Campaign Co-chairs
- Joseph E. Usibelli Sr., Chairman of the Board, Usibelli Coal Mine, Inc.
- Vic Fischer, former Democratic state senator and delegate to the 1955 Alaska Constitutional Convention
- Arliss Sturgulewski, former Republican state senator from Anchorage
- Meda DeWitt, Chair