Welcome to the Recall Dunleavy Movement. We have well over 1,000 people from all over Alaska that have signed up to help in the Recall Dunleavy Movement. On August 1st, 2019 we will start the process of saving our Great State. This process will have six phases:
- Gather 28,501 signatures of Alaskans who are registered to vote. These signatures will be turned in with the Recall application to the Division of Elections.
- DOE director will review the application for certification.
- The official petition from the DOE director will be released.
- Gather 71,252 signatures of Alaskans who are registered to vote and file with the DOE director.
- DOE director will review and determine that the petition was filed correctly.
- Call an election, if the petition was filed properly. The director shall prepare the ballot and the registered voters in Alaska will vote yes or no to Recall Michael J. Dunleavy from the office of Governor of the state of Alaska.
We will need your support in three of these steps.
- August 1stwe will kick off the initial signature gathering events in several cities around Alaska. Right now we have events planned for Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Sitka, and Yakutat. If you would like to have a kickoff event in your community please let us know. If you have experience organizing these kinds of events and understand APOC rules, please let us know. Events and volunteers will gather signatures until the goal is met.
- Second round of signature gathering. Yes, everyone who signed the first time can and hopefully will be able to sign again. Events around the state will be hosted to gather signatures and we may even have people gathering signatures in front of grocery stores like over election/ballot measures you’ve seen.
- Educate friends and neighbors on why it is important to engage in Democracy and that our politicians should follow the law and get out and VOTE! Also, volunteer to drive people to the nearest polling place on the day of the election. We advocate education of friends and neighbors should be done over coffee and/or potluck dinners to help rebuild the community spirit of Alaska.
The Recall Dunleavy Movement’s estimated timeline is one year long. In that time span Dunleavy has vowed to depopulate and destroy our Great State through austerity measures. In this time, we will have to pull together, care for one another while we fight for Democracy, Truth, Beauty, and all things Alaskan.